Friday, February 22, 2008

You need to know about Nougat

Last week at a surprise birthday dinner with friends, I (Jul) received a bag of goodies from Melissa's, a gourmet coffeeshop and food shop in this area. Woa. In the bag were chocolate chip cookies, creamed honey, homemade nougat, seeded rusks, and ginger fudge. Jim and I have been indulging ourselves over the past week. (Yes, once you're married, you have to share.)

I had never eaten Nougat before...and I am now such a fan that I thought an entry would help share my enthusiasm and give it some credence. Soft and nutty, light but rich. Delectable.


Just some more convincing evidence that one of the greatest joys of moving to a new place is eating new food!

Further reading for those interested:
Coach House Confectionary (South Africa)
Wikipedia article and description

2 comments:

Tammy said...

We don't have nougat here? It sounds familiar... but I'm not a huge sweets person.

Anonymous said...

I left a comment before but it must have been gobbled up along with the nougat! Th reason you never had it as a child, Julianna, was because your mummy considered it too yummy to waste on children!