Saturday, October 4, 2008

Homemade Pasta

Inspired by Jamie Oliver (The Naked Chef, his first cookbook, which Jim received from Jul's coworkers for his 30th birthday) and enabled by Anthony Buratovich (friend from church who loaned his pasta maker): homemade pasta!

"Making pasta was really fun," Jim effused upon reflection. "It was very easy, just eggs and flour. And it tastes so different from store-bought pasta."

"He showed such confidence and deftness in the kitchen. Tasty! I hope he does it again soon," commented his enthusiastic wife.




(Thanks to Rachel for the apron; as you may recall it was a Christmas Gift to Jul. So thanks also to Jul for letting Jim wear it.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think someone has been reading too many articles in "Taste of Home" - ha ha :). Maybe Jim can resurrect his pasta skillz at Christmas??! Sounds scrumptious!!

Jim and Julianna said...

This is the subject of this post, commenting that this is probably the cheesiest post ever. I did not know precisely how Jul was going to present my pasta-making escapade...yikes, maybe I should check her work first before I become the laughing stock of the family.