Monday, March 23, 2009

More Gieser ramblings with M&D

Our favorite coastal drive - it's got to be one of the most beautiful in the world! And about 1 hour from Cape Town. We drove this road en route to one night in Hermanus, on the southern coast /Indian Ocean side of the country. Jim and I both enjoy this town as it has a "cliff path" stretching 10km along the coast, in and around the rocks and beaches and fynbos. Here's Mom doing a bit of exploring, setting out from the guesthouse where we stayed.

The following morning Jim and I both woke up early enough to catch the sunrise from the balcony of our room (I think this is a record for us! Never happens! But it was beautiful and I'm glad we saw it - thinking we should do that more often). Later in the morning grey clouds starting to roll in as we were exploring on the cliff path.


Back at the garden cottage and supper on our stoep.


On Sunday after church we wandered around at Kirstenbosch Gardens. That's a camphor tree!

No comments: