Thursday, September 17, 2009

Another week gone by

Sorry for no new photos folks... it's been so busy with Jim's studies and me starting a new part-time job, plus unpacking and unpacking - that we actually haven't taken any photos! A rarity, I know. Still trying to figure out where all the books and framed photos and pottery fit into the new place. But what fun to unpack knowing that we won't be doing it again for a while.

One thing I wish I'd photographed are my three trips to go raspberry picking in the last 10 days!! A new friend found out about this organic farm about 35 miles from town, and since it's the farm's first year they are letting people pick for free! I've been stocking up as the season draws to a close.

So far the new home is working out great. Only a few minutes to the bus-stop (for Jim), 1 mile to Kroger, and a half mile from 2 walking trails and from the YMCA. Nothing has exploded or burned up or broken or quit working. No - I take that back. I busted a lightbulb and a battery in one of the fire alarms exploded. Lots of neighbors have dogs but we haven't heard much barking. And I have made my first batch of bread! (the oven is so huge!!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So happy for you;praise God! How did the bread turn out? If you can find a small freezer you can bake 6-8 loaves at a time--or give away what doesn't fit in your fridge-freezer. Yum--raspberry jam and fresh bread! Love, Mum