Thursday, October 1, 2009

I miss you, Rachel

I'm missing you today, Rachel...

So this morning I had a cup of tea in one of Grandma Miner's teacups. Remember these? Aren't they beautiful. Oops I'd already drunk two cups by the time I took this photo.

And Jim and I went to the YMCA and officially became members - Yay!! Jim then had to go off to work but I went to the pool to swim laps. Man, it's been a few years and it was a tough workout. The whole time I was thinking of you and Craig. (and fyi: the Durham YMCA is a lot nicer than the Bloomington YMCA, but I'm very happy anyway)


And for lunch I made a strawberry-banana smoothie. Didn't have any protein powder but I did add some wheat bran (for fiber).


I love you sister! (Can you tell I'm even trying to smile like you? Well in truth I didn't try to do that. It just happened.)

3 comments:

Heather G said...

This blog wouldn't have been complete without some mention of food. I was worried until I saw the banana....

Between Here and There said...

Doesn't that lady on the stairmaster at the Y look like Mom?

Jim and Julianna said...

wow I just completely busted out laughing at that idea, Kate. And Jim looks up from the couch and says, "What's going on over there?" Very funny but so true (at least from a distance)