Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Wheaton Weekend

Since Jim didn't have an official Fall Break as a doctoral student, he decided to 'create his own' by working ahead on studies and going up to Wheaton for a long weekend at the end of October. Of course high on the to-do "list" of relaxing Fall Break activities was... drink coffee and read newspapers; attend the college football game with Dad (Jim); go to Ikea with Mom (Jul); hear more about the upcoming wedding and the status of Katie and Noah's new house; and eat Barone's deep dish pizza!!

I'm not sure how Jim figured we'd read through all of these newspapers... but we did our best, thanks to plentiful coffee and some pumpkin spice flavoring.

Wheaton defeated Elmhurst on a cold, windy and grey day. Go Thunder!! But wait - what's this? Is Jim wearing an IU cap?!!


Ah and of course we loaded up on Barone's pizza, our all-time favorite. Try as we might the five of us did not finish off all four pies. We were lucky if we could eat two pieces each.

3 comments:

Ester said...

Barones, huh? I am a Nancy pizza girl, however, I haven't ever had Barones deep dish, only their thin crust, which is pretty tastey. Maybe BJ and I will have to try their deep dish some time. Glad you guys had fun in Wheaton!

Heather G said...

Whats in the bottle????

Jim and Julianna said...

Hard apple cider (which Jim was drinking. I thought it would add to the photo...). What, Heather - is that too much to believe?? No, it doesn't match good ole SA Breweries' Savannah Dry.