Sunday, December 27, 2009

More visit with Craig & Rachel

Finally another post! We haven't been able to do any blogging of late - so even though a lot has transpired in the last 10 days I decided to do some catch-up and bring the "timeline" up to date. Right now I'm sitting in the family room at Katie and Noah Brink's new house in Memphis, after a long trip up from Waco and a wonderful Christmas week with the Weltys! Tomorrow morning the four of us will drive up to Wheaton for New Year's.

... here are a few more scenes from our week in Bloomington with the Freys (Dec 10-17). Below, strolling through 'downtown' and on the lookout for Christmas gifts.

The old courthouse is lit up at night with thousands of lights during December - unfortunately one doesn't get quite the same effect during the day but it's still a beautiful building.


The Christmas cookie marathon! While the three of us baked and frosted (and taste-tested), Jim ran around delivering the results to some of our neighbors.

Craig looks a bit slap-happy here - I think because he's eaten about a dozen cookies by now.

And what's with this face, Jul? Actually, Rachel, I think I somehow look a bit like you here. Is it the expression? What do you think?

Rachel was definitely the most patient and artistic.

On another night we had a makeshift Thanksgiving dinner, since the Freys didn't celebrate when they were in Brasil.

Oh my wonderful sister!! And the baby that is coming in two months!!

1 comment:

Heather G said...

I want some of them cookies!
And how cute is Rachel!? So cute! And how nice to finally get to see some of your plates. You know how interested I am in your "stuff".
>:)