Thursday, January 7, 2010

Back in Bloomington - SNOW!

We're back in Bloomington, grateful for safe travels through 6 states over the holidays, and now really sleeping in and enjoying a few days of rest before the next semester starts up (though Jim and I are both still working part-time this week). And what a way to relax with our first snow of the season in Bloomington!! We had been told not to expect much snow here, something about air currents, so we'll love it while we can. I mean, if it's going to be cold, it needs to snow sometimes! I think we have about 6 inches now at the end of the day.

After Jim attempted to sweep our front area, we took a walk amidst huge snowflakes. (ADT shout-out for our South African friends. We feel right at home with the sign.)

Thankfully I got some new wool mittens ("Smittens" made by cousins Susie and Wendy) and a long down coat for Christmas, so I was all set. Those mittens are seriously warm.




Not a snowball thrown at Jim... that's a falling snowflake!

No comments: