What a great feeling it is to complete another semester of doctoral studies!! That makes 1 1/2 years into the program and another semester closer to finishing coursework (hopefully by end of next summer).
I just submitted the final paper for my Literature Review course, the first of a two-course sequence taken during the final year of classes that is meant to help launch students into the dissertation. I'll take the next course in the sequence in the spring semester.
I enjoyed the Lit Review class very much - it pushed me to think carefully about what I want to focus on for the dissertation and to find and read hundreds of pages per week on my topic. We're told that it is important to pick a topic that is interesting to us, since we'll be spending hours and hours (and hours) reading, thinking, and writing about it in the next few years. I am focusing on the internationalization of higher education, specifically on international partnerships between universities in the US and overseas. If all goes as planned, I hope to begin research next fall.
Gemma served as my quality control supervisor, as you can see. The final paper for the course consisted of a review of the key constructs related to my topic: mine concluded at 60 pages, inclusive of references (122 of them). Yikes, I hope my professor doesn't fall asleep reading it.
I just submitted the final paper for my Literature Review course, the first of a two-course sequence taken during the final year of classes that is meant to help launch students into the dissertation. I'll take the next course in the sequence in the spring semester.
I enjoyed the Lit Review class very much - it pushed me to think carefully about what I want to focus on for the dissertation and to find and read hundreds of pages per week on my topic. We're told that it is important to pick a topic that is interesting to us, since we'll be spending hours and hours (and hours) reading, thinking, and writing about it in the next few years. I am focusing on the internationalization of higher education, specifically on international partnerships between universities in the US and overseas. If all goes as planned, I hope to begin research next fall.
Gemma served as my quality control supervisor, as you can see. The final paper for the course consisted of a review of the key constructs related to my topic: mine concluded at 60 pages, inclusive of references (122 of them). Yikes, I hope my professor doesn't fall asleep reading it.

No comments:
Post a Comment