Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Early spring trip to Wheaton

Last week we took the opportunity to spend four days up in Wheaton - primarily because Wheaton's theology conference on "Global Theology in the Evangelical Perspective" was occurring, but also of course for Gemma to see her grandparents and catch up with friends. Great!


The last time - June 2010 - we saw Hayden Felske he was two weeks old and Gemma was still in the oven. Now they are 10 months and 7 months old. And this time they got to play together in person. Gemma also had her first close-up encounters with a Pug (Babu gave her several licks) and a cat. Hopefully H. & G. will get to see each other much more as they grow up.




We also very happily had Saturday brunch at Saga!! I (Jul) haven't been for a few years and it was really fun to sit amongst the students and experience a high-quality college dining hall. So much of the food is made in-house (including yogurt!) - wow. It was hard not to stuff ourselves and I think we will need to make a meal at Saga a regular event during our visits. Gemma enjoyed looking around at all the people and banging on the table.


2 comments:

Katie said...

I love seeing that picture of Jim holding G up in Saga - who woulda thunk you would be sitting there doing that - when you were sitting there as a student?! Too cool! :)

Ester said...

There are many times I walk and/or drive by Saga and smell how yummy their food is. It makes me wish I had the ease of the meal plan! What fun for you two to share your love for Saga with Gemma!