What a lovely evening (dessert and chatting) we had with Bill & Teresa Welch last week! They are special people to us, having been our first point of contact when we moved to Bloomington almost 3 years ago. They hosted us when we first arrived, drove us around to orient us to B-town and helped us search out a place to live (Bill even came along a few times when we were with a realtor looking at condos). Such gracious, supportive people.
And the chocolate icebox pie was really, really good too. If I do say so myself. First time making it - I've had the recipe from Southern Living for ages. It's a rich chocolate pie in a chocolate crumb crust, topped with whipped cream, milk chocolate pieces and peanuts. Deadly.
Here's the recipe link for interested folk. Quite easy to do! I changed it up by doing peanuts instead of pecans; in future I would probably do Cool Whip instead of whipping cream to lighten it up a bit.
Here's the recipe link for interested folk. Quite easy to do! I changed it up by doing peanuts instead of pecans; in future I would probably do Cool Whip instead of whipping cream to lighten it up a bit.

No comments:
Post a Comment