Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Sibling Time - and 3 weeks old

In the process of becoming a family of four - and having a 2 year old learn to be an older sister - not all moments are joyful. Some mornings can be tiring and emotional and filled with tears. But without a doubt, the joyful, simple moments are what enable us to persevere and fill us with happiness and wonder; we are a family of four now.





Gemma has already taken to sharing her favorite activity - reading books - with Timo

So far Timo seems to like bath-time (more than Gemma as a newborn, who cried through most of her baths at first). He will lie calmly while having water poured on, looking around and listening to Gemma's chatter.







Tummy time together! The day after this photo, Gemma announced, "Wanna have tummy time again. That was fun."





Timo at 3 weeks: starting to make eye contact, show us some facial expressions, and make cute little noises!! He has also shown glimpses of a full smile...with a "half smile" being given on occasion. Oh boy, can't wait to see a true smile!







2 comments:

Emily Blair said...

I haven't said an official congratulations to you yet, although I've been following your blog and emails of little Timo these last few weeks. So congratulations! He is a beautiful baby! I found your opening remarks on this post to be rather poignant. As someone who just recently went through the expansion from 3 to 4, I know those days. And for me, it was honestly one rough year, but so good at the same time. Wishing you strength as you complete the adjustment (all of you)! Love, Emily

Katie said...

He is soooo sweet!! I think he does look like Jim. And Gemma when she was a baby, too. So darling! Elsie keeps saying, over and over, "Ohhh, baby!", while we've been looking at your blog :). Oh - and I'm impressed with the double bath - haven't tried that yet. Thought E might drown D, but perhaps not!! :)