Thursday, March 7, 2013

Success and Freedom!!

What will this week hold, I asked on Monday? 

For Jim: his Dissertation Defense went very smoothly on Tuesday. Completed and "signed off" by his dissertation advisory committee.  He will make some minor revisions to his concluding chapter and then will be 100% complete and ready to print out on his fancy linen paper. YES!! He will graduate this May from IU with his Ed.D. in Higher Education and Student Affairs.


Jim with 2 of his committee members: Don Hossler and Sylvia Martinez.

For Jul/Mommy: we are now the proud owners of a double jogging stroller! (thanks in part to a kind gift from a wonderful uncle of ours) We live one block from the trail; half mile from the park and from the Freys'; half mile from the mall; one mile from East Campus; one mile from the YMCA (hopefully can get a membership soon...); and just under two miles from Dad & Mom's. To have the ability to get out of the house for fresh air and to exercise is, you guessed it, so freeing.



Our inaugural walk. It was a bit chilly but no problem! (thus no sunshade on for this walk)




For Timo: "I can sit in the Bumbo all by myself and slobber on my blankies and toys to my heart's delight! All while watching my older sister dance around the living room, of course. I just love to do that."


For Gemma: no more diapers!! "I'm so glad I wear underwear now!" (that quote is verbatim) We are currently on Day 3 of the Underwear Celebration. Thankfully we all are still feeling the energy and momentum to keep going. (though we haven't actually left the house yet...except for a quick walk around the block...) More on this later.



1 comment:

Katie said...

What a good week!!! CONGRATS, of course, to Dr. Jim!!!!!!!! So cute they got him a cake! Equal CONGRATS to Gemma for graduating to underwear!! I will be calling you in a few more months for tips and tricks!! Congrats to Jul on the double-stroller!! I know you are SO excited to have it! And congrats to Timo for the bumbo fun!! We love you all and glad you had such a fun week!