Saturday, September 28, 2013

Getting ready for take-off

excited about the birds in our backyard
Not quite there...but watch out, he's coming soon!

In fact, Timo took his 'first steps' on his own a couple weeks ago, but hasn't progressed much past 2 or 3 steps since then. Lots of holding on to our hands/legs/furniture to walk; lots of pushing stuff around; lots of fast crawling; lots of free-standing; and lots of getting frustrated and yelling and wanting to move around better! He's quite good at standing unassisted (and clapping & waving while doing so), and even standing up from sitting or kneeling.

This afternoon I tried to capture a few shots on my new phone (not the best camera; but Jim has the camera with him on his trip to Nepal) of our new 11 month-old in action in the backyard. During a phone conversation with Rachel, she reminded me that kids love to be outside to play with 1. Rocks, 2. Dirt, and 3. Water. We have #1 and #2 in abundance in our backyard, and we have spent a lot of time out there lately!

 
Here's Timo right after I watched him crawl over to get his car, then stand up (unassisted).


Boy, he loves to push his cars around!!

This little plastic trowel is the best $1.82 I ever spent at Target. Both kids love digging with it and carrying it around the yard and banging it on the rocks.

I'm not sure what this face is...but is it a Hawkins face or what?




No comments: