Thursday, October 23, 2014

Jim in Nepal

It's interesting to note our last entry of 2013: it covered my visit to Nepal last September, and now I was back there again this September, as well.  

I was in Kathmandu for several DAI events. I spent the first week teaching Research Methods to a cohort of 28 Nepali students. This is this group's third and final year in the program. We met at a little hotel in the beautiful foothills outside of the city and had a great time together. During the second week, we held a program orientation for local academics interested in teaching in our program. We are always eager to put the best teachers in our classrooms, so we organize orientations such as this one periodically. Then we spent the final two days meeting with our South Asia program staff (we offer the MA program in India, Myanmar, Nepal, and Sri Lanka). It was a wonderful time of fellowship, and a great opportunity for us to learn how we can provide better support to our staff in the field.





















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the awesome pics and synopsis of the trip. i spy pomegranates. also, interesting to see how much green is in the city.

Heather G said...

I just want to do a face-plant in that table full of rugs/fabrics/whatever's.
what an experience!!!