Monday, February 23, 2015

Brotherhood, 3 months in

Almost 4 months in. Timo has changed from calling his brother "Bobby" (his pronunciation of "baby") to now: " 'ti-tas." Tee-tas. On occasion, "Mats". Mahts. Or Mats. 

Mattias absolutely LOVES to watch Timo playing. When Timo is not reading books, he's racing and crashing his cars in the living room. "Oh, big crash! Mommy, big accident! 'mergency!" Mattias sits in his bouncy seat or Bumbo seat and takes it all in. Now that Mattias is starting to hold onto toys and tries to put things in his mouth to slobber on, Timo sometimes brings him toys (or bonks him on the head with them).

Meanwhile Timo LOVES to "snuggle" with Mattias, e.g. crush him or lie on top of him. I have to bite my tongue sometimes from saying, "Timo, No!" and just let them crush each other for a few seconds before I gently step in. (I usually fail at gentleness on my part, and I can't help but call out and rush over. It won't be too long before Mattias catches up in size & weight, though!) Timo also likes to try and help Mattias roll over when he is laying on his stomach. Actually he is getting pretty good at helping him. Mattias rarely cries at that; he just looks surprised.

The best part of the day for the two of them is right before Timo's naptime. They both sit in the rocking chair ("Timo hold 'ti-tas. Mommy sing baby song.") and suck their fingers/thumb, and I sing a song or two, and then we say good-night to Timo.




No comments: