Thursday, March 26, 2015

Getting there - spring?

We are getting closer to spring these days (although that season doesn't exist in a steady way in Colorado; example, we had multiple days of 60s-70s in the last week and then yesterday it snowed!) and thus we're able to play outside! Hooray! Every mom can rejoice at that!

In fact I took these pics when Jim was still in Africa, and we have since had warmer weather - no jacket needed - and green grass coming up. I have spent numerous hours outside puttering around doing spring yard chores already, which I am enjoying. Even though we don't own this house we are still responsible for ALL the yard and upkeep - and any costs associated with that, so we aren't putting too many funds into doing more but just keeping it low-key. Ahh to dream of the day when we can really do a garden and nice flower beds. In the meantime, though, I have been trimming plants, cleaning out leaves, and planting seeds - from a kind neighbor - in indoor planters to replant once we pass the danger of frost (not until May in these parts). Primarily though I've been splitting up irises and day lilies that have gotten clumped together, now that they are all sprouting up for spring. Oops if I was a true blogger we would have photos of this. Ha! No time for that!



A special thanks to a nice neighbor who passed on this old dump truck to Timo last year back at our other house in Stetson Hills. This boy loves trucks!!



And Mattias is getting some playtime in outdoors too. I stuck my feet in the photo... because that's what the cool people do, right, Rachel?


No comments: