One afternoon we walked to/from Colorado College campus, about a mile each way through our neighborhood. Timo LOVES the "bell chapel" and wanted to show it to Jaja. For supper we tried out a new Hawaiian taco shop - what a treat! It shares space with one of the campus buildings so it was easy to include it on our walk.
| Jaja is saying, "Shhh..." as they entered |
On Saturday (last week) we went to our first yard sale of the season, and scored the summer's BEST purchase: two small soccer nets!!! Both Timo and I were ecstatic (and I could hardly believe that we were able to find such nice goals, just the right size for Timo, on our very first yard sale outing) and set it up in the backyard right away.
We had lovely spring weather while Mom was here and our tree out front - a Japanese cherry, we think - blossomed with beautiful, fragrant blooms.
One morning we took a picnic lunch to Memorial Park. It's always nice to look out over the small lake there and up to Pike's Peak in the distance. It was very windy but still fun (especially since there was a dump truck and a skid steer loader in the parking lot). I think this will be one of our favored parks for the upcoming summer.
| Drool-meister. And the giraffe hat barely fits anymore! |
| Timo experimenting with a sand funnel |
Jim got home late Wednesday night, and Mom left on Friday afternoon (but we forgot to take anymore photos in the intervening time!) and it was nice to have that brief overlap. Jaja, thank you for coming! We are looking forward to our Hawkins family reunion this July!
1 comment:
the giraffe hat!! So cute. And you'll have to help me out - Hawaiian tacos?! I'm at a loss. But I'm sure they were tasty!!
Post a Comment