Thursday, October 15, 2015

Teaching in Yangon (part 2)

Here are a few more random pictures from my Yangon trip.


Treats (above and below) available at the Starbucks in the Bangkok airport. I tried toe Green Tea waffle - pretty good!

Treats in the staff room at our host seminary.
One of my students (on right) is practicing his interview skills with MEGST's academic dean.

Yangon was a British protectorate for many decades until the country's independence in the mid-1900s. There are numerous British government buildings from those days scattered around the downtown area.
 A break: Traditional Burmese tea at the Rangoon Tea House.




View of Yangon from the 20th floor of the tallest building in the city. Shwedagon Pagoda in the left distance. John's apartment and the seminary are not far from the Pagoda.
 
John Buchanan is a New Zealander who works at the seminary. Colin and I stayed with him for the week. We had a great time together. Here we are riding the bus for a day of sightseeing downtown Yangon.
Co-teacher Colin on the left with two students in the program.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Jim! Great pics (as usual)! Especially the green door/window with view of pagodas - I'd like to order a 16X20 print! The fruit pic with limes on the left: we had the right side in India and called it "seedapearle" -- so yummy (and messy) -- hope you tried it. It was wonderful to see you in the photos; still really wish I could have gone too!

Gies said...

Great to see these, Jim!!