Life is about to change for us, although how and when still remain a mystery! We stand at another transition - another opportunity to see God at work. We want to be salt and light and to serve him and are excited to see where he wants to place us next.
We moved here to Colorado Springs in July 2013 to join Development Associates International, an NGO that provides leadership training throughout the majority world (Africa, Asia, Latin America). I (Jim) arrived to help direct their MA in Organizational Leadership program. The program enrolls about 1000 part-time students in Africa and Asia and is offered in partnership with 17 higher education institutions located in those regions. These past 2 1/4 years have been wonderful! I have learned a lot and thoroughly enjoyed the many relationships I have developed
all around the world through my work.
With some recent changes in leadership, including hiring a new Director, my responsibilities shifted and it became clear that it was time for me to move on. I resigned on October 30. It
is amazing how much peace I/we have about this decision. The
overriding feeling is one of "rightness" about the decision.
Yes, the future remains unknown, which gives us another opportunity to
trust the Good Shepherd.
Julianna and I
continue to have dual passions:
1) to be on a more typical campus with college-aged students (which this
organization and this program were not), and 2) to be overseas again - or a combination of the two. My training and experience have been in higher education administration, specifically student affairs (such as campus activities and co-curricular activities) and international affairs (such as study abroad programs). We are trying to maintain hopeful, expectant attitudes as we seek out my next position.
In the meantime, I have been reflecting on what I have learned in the last 2+ years, networking, and looking for openings (although there aren't many posted at this time of year) - and I've been able to spend some much-needed and much-enjoyed extra time with Jul and the boys.
No comments:
Post a Comment