Sunday, November 13, 2016

Timo turns 4 years old

As he very proudly tells our friends and neighbors, "I'm getting bigger! Look how big I am. I'm still a big brother. I'm four years old."

Since his birthday was on a Tuesday this year, we had a normal breakfast and opened cards and a couple of presents with Jim there, and then for our morning activity I packed a picnic lunch and let Timo decide what he wanted to do. He chose a hike! We walked along a trail in the hills next to Western's campus, and had the trail to ourselves. It was peaceful and beautiful, and they had a great time. Afterwards we took our lunch to a nearby coffeeshop and I treated myself to a hot chai and Timo was given a free cookie for his birthday! I was amazed at how well-behaved the boys both were; it was such a great morning together.

Running ahead (of course)



 After dinner it was time for desert!

birthday cupcakes with dinosaurs

It was great to have Erin and Luke and Isaac come over to play and join in for cupcakes and some presents. It really made the day to have them with us!!


Even though it was dark, of course the boys all wanted to dig outside!

No comments: