Thursday, February 23, 2017

Our awesome new favorite

We have a lot of favorite activities in our house right now... Reading is at the top of the chart (both boys spend countless hours reading every day), and of course playing with cars, building Legos, wrestling with Daddy, digging or pushing trucks outside - but riding bikes is the one that has risen to the top lately, especially with the mild weather we've had this winter!

I am really enjoying it as well as I watch them riding together and growing in their strength and confidence. They encourage each other and really do love to race & crash & ride alongside each other. These boys are becoming best friends, and it's great to be in this time of life with them when they have the same interests and are both quite capable. Of course there are still meltdowns and some fighting... But I'm also aware of the special moment it is with them right now before a new baby comes and our routines shift. So we are taking full advantage!



Last week after our usual bi-weekly workout at the Waynesville rec center, I brought the boys' bikes and we went further down the trail and discovered that another huge section of the park was just across the creek - and includes a skate park. It's quiet during the weekdays so I've been letting the boys ride around on the ramps. They LOVE it and squeal and yell with delight and adrenaline: challenging themselves but in a mostly-safe setting. It is SO fun, and they really do go fast! Here are some photos from today's excursion.









No comments: