Finally today, Tuesday, Timo went back to preschool, Mattias got to ride his bike around the driveway, and Hawk is grinning and playing, so we're feeling more even-keel. Now to sort out a new rental, the stress of which is really starting to weigh on us... Just over two weeks until our lease is up and we're still trying to find something. Or at least a short term backup where we can stay a few weeks until a long term becomes available.
On to some house scenes... Just before this photo below, I overheard Timo say, "I love you, Mattias," and hugged Mattias around the neck.
![]() |
| They love reading together. |
![]() |
| Arranging the new dinosaurs |
![]() |
| still in pajamas and doing the stickers |
Plus, BrainFlakes from the Welty cousins have been a BIG hit, particularly with Timo, who has created all sorts of vehicles and given them different names, like "M-360 with 800 pounds of thrust and goes 96 miles per hour" etc. They are also Hawk-approved because they are fun to grab and taste. Sorry, bad photo - I couldn't get Timo to hold still for a photo while building, or Hawk.
Finally, my new cookbook is keeping me very happy and inspired for the new year. This (The Minimalist Baker, though 'cook' is more accurate) is my favorite food blog right now (and has been for a couple of years) and Jim wisely gave me the cookbook for Christmas, so I don't have to keep checking recipes on my phone or writing them down on scraps of paper and sticking them to the fridge in mish-mash piles. I love the way that she cooks (although once in a while I tone down the spices)! She uses a lot of ingredients that we love and eat regularly, like chickpeas, butternut, kale, tofu, tempeh, peanut butter, curry, noodles or pasta, beans, tomatoes, and with variations like Thai or Indian or north African or Mexican. Plus they are easy recipes and open for lots of variations. Non-perfectionist-non-recipe-followers, unite!






No comments:
Post a Comment