Friday, June 22, 2018

the Moving Truck game

"We're going to go upstairs and play the moving truck game," Timo announced this morning after breakfast. Hmm... I thought. And I let them go up on their own while I put Hawk down for a nap. I could hear banging and footsteps for 20-30 minutes, and then I carefully went upstairs to investigate.

Here's what our playroom looked like:



And here are the two very proud boys, standing in their "truck"/rug, all carefully laid out in their bedroom.


"Okay, time to drive the truck! Mattias, get in your bed! And Mommy, you pretend you are Gemma and you can sit in the truck with the stuff. We're going to our new house!"


After a few minutes of driving and chatting, we had arrived at our New House! Timo led the way as we unloaded the truck, carted it all back to the playroom, and re-arranged.



Later, downstairs I had a few quiet minutes for a cup of tea and some work on the computer (a rare thing during the day!) before Hawk woke up. And yes, that is a HUGE pile of bananas on the table. Reduced bananas that Jim bought at the grocery store, and now they are ripening further before we put them in the freezer for banana bread and smoothies.

Phew.


1 comment:

Gies said...

So fun! What an awesome playroom! And I can't believe how organized the "truck" was!!! We get massive piles around here :).