Saturday, October 6, 2007

Birthday Dinner Party

Two weeks ago Blanche hosted a “birthday dinner” for Jim, Fritz, and Mark, who all had birthdays in the past couple of months. Cathy, an old friend home for a few weeks from out of town, also joined. Blanche prepared a gorgeous and delicious meal, and we spent the evening around her long oak dining table eating, sipping wine, discussing, laughing, and arguing until late in the night. A welcome respite after a week of teaching and studying!






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! May i join you please? Sounds like just the kind of evening I;d enjoy too! A bit different than life in Wheaton, eh?! Love, Mum

Heather G said...

I'm jealous! Look at that food and that beautiful table. Was it fun, or what? It looks like something you'd see on TV. See y'all soon!
Heather

Ester said...

What a birthday party! I looks like a good time. I agree, it must be a great way to recover after a nice long week.