Inspired by Heather’s recent & clever post on the “interesting” marketing of some common food products here, I decided to pull out and share a few items from our kitchen. So here are 5 things we always have around:
Breakfast foods: coffee & rooibos tea
Rusks (these are actually Jim’s homemade buttermilk rusks, though we also like store-bought muesli and condensed milk varieties)
Granola (Jim’s recipe, based on Mom H - thanks for inspiration!)
Milk (yes it’s in the pantry - until opened - and is in a box… and “full cream” is the equivalent of ‘whole milk’, approx. 4% fat. Imagine our surprise the first time we figured that one out.)
...and peanut butter. Yum. Yum.
1 comment:
Anonymous
said...
I always wonder how that milk in the box that doesn't need to be refridgerated stays fresh. Soy milk is like that and I don't quite get it. Are there any American foods or food brands that you really miss?
1 comment:
I always wonder how that milk in the box that doesn't need to be refridgerated stays fresh. Soy milk is like that and I don't quite get it.
Are there any American foods or food brands that you really miss?
Post a Comment