Back to the books
Yep, it's back to the academic grindstone for me. Our 4 weeks in the States for Christmas felt like a genuine holiday - I didn't once think about my thesis. However, upon our return to Cape Town in early January it was again time to hit the books. My supervisor had marked up the first draft of my thesis, which I had submitted before the holidays, with lots of comments and suggestions. Since then I have been hard at work slicing and dicing, honing and re-phrasing, abbreviating and in general coaxing my thesis into (what I hope to be) its final and acceptable form.I submit the final draft on 13 February. It's hard to believe that I'm within reach of the finish line for this programme at UCT (to refresh your memories, I'm finishing up the Master's of Philosophy in Higher Education Studies). It's been an amazing experience!
A couple of pix of UCT's upper campus, where I have spent much of my time in the past 1 1/2 years. It's gorgeous.
2 comments:
Your campus looks so nice, almost like is belongs in a movie. Has it been in one? Good luck on finishing your thesis!
hi jim and julianna!
re: your comment...it means that you were "tagged" to do the 8-things exercise on your blog to. ...if you wish... (no pressure)
Post a Comment