Monday, January 11, 2010

"Cinnamon Roll" Scones

As one of our fun activities last week (when we actually had a couple of days at home to relax together) we decided to have a J&J mini-Christmas morning. Naturally Jim wanted to make cinnamon rolls but for something different (that didn't require raising) he made scones! After making the dough he rolled it out into a rectangle, covered it with butter & cinnamon & sugar, then rolled it up and cut it into slices. Into the oven they went, and out they came, risen and browned and very tasty. We definitely recommend them as an alternative to yeast cinnamon rolls; the texture of the dough is different but they sure still hit the sweet spot.


Alas, after this morning we finally put away the Christmas music and decorations. Now the new year and new semester begin!

2 comments:

Heather G said...

I'm collecting pictures of Jim in an apron. I'll let you know how many I have so far....

Anonymous said...

wait - so did you use scone dough or yeast roll dough?? They look delicious!! Want recipe!!