Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Two food shots

After we got home from our jaunt down to southern Indiana, we promptly made corn bread with the fresh corn meal - AMAZING! We are both convinced that the fresh ground meal from the mill makes a tremendous difference to the texture and taste of the bread. Now to find a mill nearby that grinds flour...

And here's Jim with his successful venture into calzones, roughly following a recipe from a Martha Stewart magazine. The filling was spinach and chicken (plus homemade sauce and cheese). Yum!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

On the blog Money Saving Mom she talks about the flour grinder (I'm sure that is not the technical term) that she has. She grounds all her own flour and I'm sure it grounds cornmeal too. Maybe that is a Christmas gift idea!

Anonymous said...

I love Money Saving Mom!! I'm turning into a coupon psycho - don't get N. started :). Anyway - what is that long skinny thing - a snake calzone?!