Saturday, September 18, 2010

Does she like a bath? No!

Gemma has now had two baths (since her umbilical cord fell off) and so far she does NOT like them. She screams the whole time. Maybe she is just too small and gets cold too fast. Fortunately as soon as she gets snuggled up in her towel, she immediately calms down. Phew. I know I'm smiling for the photo, but it is VERY heart-wrenching to have your little girl screaming and crying real tears while you try to give her a bath.



Meanwhile, on the Chubb-o-meter, I think she's moved from a "zero" to "one". (What's the scale, you ask? umm...) Gemma is definitely showing more plumpness in her belly and cheeks and chin. She eats her meals with gusto and every day she gets a little bigger. Our cutie is growing up already! At her two week check-up on Wednesday, she had grown an inch and was up to 7 lbs. Here she is looking cute waking up from a nap on Friday. Still trying to get a photo of a full-fledged yawn in action!


3 comments:

Emily Blair said...

Not to be that know-it-all kind of new mom, because I definitely don't know much, but one suggestion we got which worked GREAT was to wrap the baby in a towel before putting her in the bath and keep her wrapped the whole time just exposing each limb, etc. as you wash it. I think it helps to keep them warm and not to feel so vulnerable. Good luck - future baths will get better!

P.S. Gemma is adorable. So happy for you two!

Anonymous said...

Love the photos....every one of them. About the Chubb-o-meter, I'd say her little legs just might rank a solid 2!! Did you notice the little creases? The legs are soo cute....as is the rest of her.
Mary
Gettysburg

Katie said...

She is soooo cute!! I can't wait to see her in less than two weeks!!!