Saturday, May 28, 2011

We miss you already, Daddy

On Thursday morning Jim took the bus from Indianapolis to Chicago, spent the night in Wheaton with Mom & Dad, and then on Friday began his flying journey: Chicago - Los Angeles - Bangkok, Thailand. He is supposed to arrive in Bangkok at 6 PM on Saturday (our time, which is 6 AM Sunday in Bangkok!), and later convene with his other classmates. They will have a few days to adjust to the time change and get to know the city before they begin their consulting assignments at various universities. We miss him a lot already!

Gemma in particular misses her daily wrestling matches with Daddy. She's a bit of a crazy girl...




Posted by Picasa

Also, who is going to eat all these glorious shiitake mushrooms? At Friday's pick-up of our CSA half-share, there was a bag of these beauties (in addition to field greens, garlic scapes and radishes). While I don't care for mushrooms and have never seen the 'point' in eating them, these may convert me - plus I have a bag of them waiting to be consumed! All I know is to slice and saute them as a side to a nice breakfast (or supper) of bangers & mash & fried tomatoes. Which will be delicious, I know. Shiitake mushrooms are quite meaty and with a mild scent and flavor. Anyone else have suggestions?



1 comment:

Jim and Julianna said...

Ahhh! I can't stand being away from this little cutie!! The pic of her on the easy chair is hilarious.
I began missing wrestling with Gemma the day I left!
Jim