Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Outdoor Breakfast - with avocado!

With hot (90s) & humid days recently, we have been grabbing any semi-cool temps outside when we can - which means breakfast on the back patio. (For those who have seen it, you know that "patio" is a generous title.) Gemma loves to listen to the birds and point in the air and say "biiiir" (or something like that). Today on the menu was bananas and avocado to start the meal. Previously she didn't like avocado when I mashed it into her cereal, but this time I cut pieces and she liked to eat it that way. (Is this a sign of independence already?!) At one point, she was so excited for more that she grabbed her bib and starting sucking on the leftover bits that were sticking to it. In the last photo, she was vigorously waving arms and legs. I think that may be a "more" signal...notice the furrowed, intense brow...she gets that from her father...



Posted by Picasa


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm really enjoying your's, Katie's and Rachel's blogs---esp. the photos of your darling kids!

Barbara
(Katie and Kyle's Aunt "Barbie")