Good morning, Nonna! Gemma is ready to read books together! These days Gemma is reading a lot of books about learning to use the potty; about big sisters; about kindergarten; about animals getting ready for bed-time; and of course all her other favorites, like Dr Seuss and Noah's Ark and I Spy and anything by Richard Scarry. And this girl will read and read and read - and then move on to the next adult in the house who is available to read with her.
| Nonna takes a self-portrait with Timo (guess that's where Jim gets it from...) |
Special time for Nonna and Gemma together! They went to the library together one morning, and the next morning to our local science museum, the Wonderlab. Gemma loves both places, especially the Wonderlab, and often at home will pretend that she is taking her dolls or stuffed animals or toys there: "Come on, guys. Let's go to the Wonderlab!"
And of course no visit with Nonna would be complete without making cookies together. This batch was pumpkin chocolate chip.
Gemma very carefully placed one additional chocolate chip on top of each cookie.
Now for some bath-time pics of Timo, who is 4 weeks old here. He is definitely filling out his belly now, as you can see. And perhaps you can also see how much he loves bath-time (sink by himself or bath-tub with Gemma). He is so calm and alert and doesn't even mind having water poured on his head.
For perspective, here's our little guy getting wrapped in his towel. Yep, he's still pretty tiny.
Here is the famous, beloved I Spy quilt that Nonna made. It is covered with little pictures of different objects, like a cupcake or teddy bear or snowman or soccer ball. She likes to play a game with her granddaughters and ask them to "I Spy" certain objects and point them out. Once Gemma got the hang of it, she naturally made the game into "Speed I Spy" and tried to point as quickly and acrobatically as possible to each object, followed by a rousing round of applause from Nonna.
1 comment:
What an incredible quilt! I would love to have one :) Not sure I have the patience to do one, though.
Post a Comment