Sunday, August 30, 2015

A week in Uganda

I just finished teaching Leadership to a new cohort in our MA in Organizational Leadership program located in Kampala, Uganda. They will now return to home/life/work/ministry and we'll continue together in the course via distance. This cohort joins two others in their 2nd and 3rd years respectively, so we had 3 classes, each taking two courses taught by 6 faculty - quite a party. It was a great week but I am ready for home - I begin the trek tomorrow.

I've included pictures of some of the students, sites around town, and pic of me with a birthday cake with my name on it - accompanied by the Happy Birthday song from 60+! It was lovely surprise on the 26th. 





My cohort of students. The residency week is for introductions to the semester's two courses (in this case Leadership and Teaching and Learning, taught by Joel Gray in the back) and for building relationships. From here students go home with their assignments, readings, etc. We will continue together for the remainder of the semester via distance. Then they return for a week of introduction to the next semester's courses, etc. and hopefully finish in three years.
Me and my surprise birthday cake!

Ugandan donuts for our morning tea break.

Read the sign carefully...

Do these belong to the gas station owner??

No comments: