Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Ahh, boys and summer

Mattias is so over the baby toys. He's moved on to bigger and better. Cars and balls and books and doors and kitchen pots, for example. He's taking a particular liking to the treehouse, and tries to put things (like cars) on & off the shelves. 

Yes, we are now starting to run into the good and bad of brothers playing together... Suddenly Timo has to share the cars!! And yet, suddenly, we have those periods when I look over and they are playing together!! As Timo said recently, "Play cars, baby 'tias? Baby 'tias, play cars?" (holding out a car to Mattias) And then, "Mommy, go away." (looking up and seeing me watching)


And, just a part of the daily routine, is Timo loading up his Tonka dump truck. And dump. And repeat.



I finally made popsicles this summer! By my recollection, I think this was Timo's first popsicle. Of course I made the simple More with Less recipe: plain yogurt mixed with frozen orange juice concentrate.

 
The best part was the popsicle beard! And the fact that Timo was happily occupied eating it for 20 minutes.

No comments: