Wednesday, September 28, 2016

More Durham pics

What can I say, I LOVE the Museum of Life and Science!! (And it is way cooler and more extensive than when we went there 25-30 years ago on elementary school field trips, although I loved it then, too.) I didn't really get that many photos since we were having so much fun. But, wow, a museum that has dinosaurs, outdoor play areas, butterfly house, farm animals, lemurs, a train through the woods, huge sandbox, indoor play areas and blocks and ramps, a huge space & astronaut exhibit, plus tons of scientific exhibits - ?! Amazing. Even in our two full mornings there was no way that we could see everything.

A parasauralophus at the start of the "dinosaur trail" - Timo has not stopped talking about this since we got back.

On to the mist exhibit - better get the boys in their swimsuits - a place that we so enjoyed with Gemma and Timo (when he was a baby) back in 2013.



Lisa joined us for the morning (boys were at school)

Timo giving instructions for the countdown of the lunar module

The boys both loved getting late afternoon rides with Grandpa on his bicycle.




One morning we took a quick trip over to Duke Gardens, my other favorite spot in Durham, and also a place of great memories there with Gemma. What an incredibly diverse and well-kept garden, and they seem to keep adding new areas and paths every time we go!




Of course, bread-making with Jaja! (Guess who likes to eat dough?)

And another morning, I went back by myself with the boys to the Museum, primarily to go to one of the newest exhibit areas, "Hideaway Woods". It felt like every child's treehouse dream come true. What an incredible design and work of engineering.


I was amazed to see Timo just go for it. He didn't hesitate at all to climb up on his own to the highest treehouse.


Uncle Pete!! With the coolest work truck! What else needs to be said?

On one of our last afternoons,the boys and I rode the Duke campus bus from East campus to West Campus, where we met Grandpa at the chapel and got to hear the 5 o'clock bells ringing. Once again, Timo was SO excited to ride the bus, and I marveled at hearing the real bells and being on such a beautiful campus.



No comments: