At the grandparents' in Durham, that is... Dad and Mom, I love you! And the boys love you SO much! And we love living close enough that we can drive over and stay with you for a week! (Jim came for two days too but then left to go back to work, and we stayed through the full week.)
Best of all we got to meet our newest niece and cousin, Caitlin Mina Hawkins. And we introduced Hawk to her. They were born only five days apart. I was the last in the family (except Craig - oh, sorry!) to meet her. [I think that's a family record that everyone in the Hawkins family has met both new babies already this year.] She is so sweet and easy-going during the day, and getting stronger - it was amazing to see her chewing her toes and rolling around and reaching for toys.
 |
| It must be fall - because now the garden is a pine needle construction site. |
 |
| Daddy Pete and his Caitlin |
 |
| Hawk loved the swing on the deck |
 |
| Mommy Rita and Caitlin, who is an amazing mix of the features of her parents |
 |
| Lunchtime on the deck - and watching the neighbor's house being built |
 |
| Thank you for sharing your toys all week, Caitlin |
One morning we explored a new park in Durham that has a "pump track" and an obstacle course for bikes in the forest. It was awesome!! The boys had a blast learning how to ride the 'rolls' and 'berms', and racing along the forest trail. Technically a pump track is supposed to be ridden without pedaling and instead by 'pumping' the bike up and down the rolls to create momentum. But since they had the course to themselves, they were able to ride and get used to it as they wanted. So Cool! Thank you Auntie Rachel for the recommendation.
Perhaps the biggest highlight of the week was riding the Duke bus from east campus to west campus (I think this becoming a tradition for every visit!), and meeting up with Grandpa in front of the chapel. But alas I didn't get any photos.
Another morning I took Timo and Mattias downtown for a quick playtime at Durham Central Park. Every time we come I am amazed to see how the skyline continues to change, with so much new construction and renovation going up. I even spotted a new vegan food truck/restaurant that I want to try out next time.
 |
| Say "cheese" for Daddy! ...oh well. |
Thank you for a great week! It was just what we needed to be away from our normal routines and enjoy the time together.
1 comment:
So fun to "meet" darling Caitlin! Yes - an amazing mix of her parents! Love it. Glad you had such a wonderful visit.
Post a Comment