Thursday, August 16, 2018

Greenway walk

How amazing is this - after dropping Timo at school, we met Sadie (and Guthrie) and Lindsay (and Sunny) for a 2 mile walk on the Greenway! I could get used to this schedule! The mornings are cool in the mountains, so it was perfect for a walk. (And I brought my porridge and banana to eat in the parking lot since I hadn't eaten my breakfast yet...)



the boys


But beware! A copperhead!

Thankfully there were a lot of others on the trail this morning, and we were forewarned about this copperhead right next to the pavement. Mattias had been "off roading" with his bike so he quickly got back onto the sidewalk. Yikes!! We stopped for a few seconds and then wisely continued on. Apparently it's been such a rainy summer and the river level is high, so many of the snakes have had to venture up higher to find new burrows - and there are been a lot of snake sightings. I think I need to go read up on snake bike first-aid.


No comments: