Friday, August 20, 2010

Date with the Brashers

We've been wanting to go out for dinner with Ryan & Melanie for some time now, and since Melanie's parents are in town they were able to babysit Thomas. Since all of us love Turkish food, we opted for 'Anatolia', one of Bloomington's Turkish restaurants. (We have also been to Turkuaz Cafe a few times and give it 5 stars. Jul dreams about their chicken-spinach pides and garlic-lentil soup...) Amazingly, even though Anatolia does not have air-conditioning, the two pregnant women made it through the meal - and I think we enjoyed it very much! One nice touch was that the meals came with red lentil soup, seasoned with mint. I've never had it prepared that way and it was very tasty.

Here's Jul with her chicken pide -

And Jim with chicken kabobs -

And the two ladies in front of the restaurant, a former house, like many of the international restaurants on 4th Street. The plants were really cool. I think we'll be back (when the weather is cooler) and will sit in the outdoor patio!

Thanks, guys - a great summer evening together and here's to another school year coming soon!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love being able to participate in your adventures, hear your comments, enjoy your food!! Thanks for keeping us so well informed. Please do an equally super job when Baby arrives. I love seeing the little ones the best!
Mary in Gettysburg, a regular reader

Anonymous said...

That mole would be easy for a dermatologist to remove.