Saturday, September 11, 2010

Gemma's first week at home

Today our little gem is 11 days old! So far she has been very healthy - sleeping and eating well, with some 4 hour stretches of sleep at night even. We continue to marvel at how beautiful and perfect she is, and she charms us with her cute noises and big yawns. At her last weight check she was already back to her birth weight (she was 6 lb 8 oz at birth and 5 lb 15 oz when we left the hospital), and the double-chin is starting to make an appearance.

Here she is at 5 days old, sitting in Jaja's lap and getting some sun.



We have discovered that Gemma LOVES this Moby wrap and settles down immediately when we put her in it. She and I, and she and Daddy, have taken several walks around the neighborhood. (Jim and I fight a bit over whose turn it is to carry her... We are so proud of her.) Also we have had to take a few car trips and she has been absolutely perfect in her car seat.

Rachel, this shot is for you - Gemma in her cousin Asher's former yellow outfit (it is still a bit too big right now!) and bouncy seat.

And Katie, here is Gemma in her Smartwool booties. She seems to be a fan, doesn't she?


Today (Saturday) was Gemma's first trip to the Farmer's Market! She was very well behaved and we got several "Oh, sweet" comments from folk. Mom stocked up on eggplant, peppers and squash to make ratatouille for supper.





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh! You guys! She is so beautiful! I am so happy that the first weeks are going well. Savannah and I loved our Moby too! It was the only way that I got things done those first months. I haven't figured out to wrap it for hip carrying, but I think once her chest is healed up she will like that too. Micah wants to know where Indiana is. I'll work on that.

Between Here and There said...

THanks so much for these great shots. Now we are getting a better idea what these young one looks like. What a precious cutie!
And thanks to Jim for wearing shorts and t-shirt in the photo to not let me get too jealous of jean and flannel shirt weather. I just spent all afternoon sweating like a banshee.
Wish I was there to fight over carrying her too. Miss you all!

Between Here and There said...

THanks so much for these great shots. Now we are getting a better idea what these young one looks like. What a precious cutie!
And thanks to Jim for wearing shorts and t-shirt in the photo to not let me get too jealous of jean and flannel shirt weather. I just spent all afternoon sweating like a banshee.
Wish I was there to fight over carrying her too. Miss you all!

Hawkins Family said...

wonderful pictures! That picture of Jaja holding her with one hand is awesome - it's hard to remember how small babies are! Sure wish Jaja could bring up some NC bbq for us! :)