Thursday, August 2, 2012

The ANU campus and my apartment

The campus of Australia National University, or ANU, sprawls along the northwestern side of Lake Burley Griffin in Canberra. I've consulted my campus map more than a few times as I've traversed here and there for my interviews. So far I've conducted 4 and they've gone very smoothly. Two more tomorrow plus several more on Monday and Tuesday.

Below are a few pictures of my on-campus apartment, the campus, and a coffee (one of many) that I've enjoyed so far. I've stumbled on numerous coffeeshops scattered across campus. I've sat in four so far, which may seem excessive but perhaps is an indicator of the popularity of such establishments here. I'm certainly not complaining!




My first set of groceries: pb and j; bread; cans of spaghetti and beans; instant coffee and milk; and fruit.
This is the building in which my apartment is located.









1 comment:

Katie said...

are there sprinkles on your coffee??!! Maybe I'd like that kind :). Thanks for the great pics of your world! Loved seeing your apt., campus, and Canberra. Interesting about its intentional planning, and also the ease with which you can reach its museums! Handy! Praying for you! xo, kgb