Sunday, October 28, 2012

A bus ride and muffins

Bloomington has a great bus system which has been my main source of transportation for my 3+ years of studies at IU. It is free for students, always clean and (most of the time) on schedule. It takes approximately 20 minutes to/from campus which, during busy semesters was another 40 minutes I could spend on studies, and in less-busy times allowed me space to read or listen what I liked. It's been a good thing.

Gemma and Jul routinely meet me when I come home - and thus the bus has always been a source of excitement for Gemma. So, it was time for the three of us to finally go into town together - we figured Gemma would like it. Plus, this was on our list of fun activities to do before the little guy was born.

We had breakfast at The Village Deli - I had Pumpkin Pancakes that were awesome - then went to the library for a while afterwards. Then home again on the bus. A fun morning. 





The pumpkin pancakes were great!
We ran into Hilarie, a friend from church, and her kids. This is not uncommon and fun about a smallish town - we often run into people we know at the library.
Back home on the bus.
My pumpkin pancakes in the morning inspired me to make pumpkin muffins in the afternoon. It's a pumpkin time of year, obviously.


No comments: