Monday, October 8, 2012

Under a month to go!

Gemma - our happy little girl - has recently taken to playing all sorts of pretend-games with her "blankie" in her crib. When she wakes up in the morning and after nap, we usually leave her for 20-30 minutes while she happily talks and plays with her blanket and stuffed animals. 

Out in the hallway we can hear her talking and saying things like, "Let's go, guys! Let's go to the Wonderlab! Come on, guys." (pretending that she is taking her animals to the science museum) 

Or: "I painting on the wall!" or "I jumping rope!" or "I putting on seat-belt." (as she uses the blanket to pretend those games)

And then a couple of days ago my heart absolutely melted when I went in to get her from naptime, and she had wrapped up one of her animals (Possum) in a bundle. She looked up at me and said, "I holding baby brother."




So - yes! - we are ALL getting excited & ready for the arrival of baby brother in a few weeks, due Nov 1st. (Short or long weeks, still to be determined...) The bassinet/crib is ready; clothes are washed and in the dresser; diapers and wipes are on hand; the "call list" (for folks who can help out with Gemma while we are in the hospital) is being prepared; and weekly appointments to the OB are on the calendar.



at 36 weeks

No comments: